• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
Sign in to follow this  
icer33

sr20det vs 13b

like it says going to build either a 1200 ute if i cant get my hands on a 510 2dr coupe

i am a pretty heavy nissan kinda of guy, but i am leaning toward a rotary for something different

cant decide which engine to use, any suggestions, opinions, power figures, previous builds, etc ,etc

thanks heaps

What is it going to be used for ?

Does it need to be road registered ? - This will limit your engine choices.

no specifc reason. just want a good base engine and i have done a fair bit with nissans so i thought i might do a rotary

how will it affect my choice??

If all of the above (including added uses such as ram raids) just build it like QIK510's car - it's a proven combo

how will it affect my choice??

Depends on where you are.

In some states at least, I don't believe a 13B turbo can be legally fitted into either a Datsun 1200 or 1600 and SR20DET into 1200 ute is likewise uncompliable for road use.

If all of the above (including added uses such as ram raids) just build it like QIK510's car - it's a proven combo

Very funny

Sorry Shawn, couldn't resist mate.... Karma's gonna get me one day

ok im in vic and its going to be rarely street, but more for drag and shows

does anyone have weight stats for the 1200 ute vs the 1600???

4 door sedan 715kg

2 door sedan 720kg

2 door coupe 730kg

ute (South African Bakkie) 758 kg (772kg) (thanks turbophile)

i think 1600's are about 930kg in standard trim

Honestly its hard to decide untill you get out there and drive all the combo's mentioned but i would lean towards sr for ease of finding parts fj for power and sorry fellas but

L series for reliability rotary for noise and a pain in the ass, vg's are nice ka's are too. The best way is to try driving all the combo build's otherwise you may end up down the

path of some people taking years to get no where but still give peole advise on what to do. Or getting half way and changing your mind.... :sorcerer:

otherwise you may end up down the path of some people taking years to get no where but still give peole advise on what to do. :sorcerer:

Never were truer words spoken on a forum - spelling exc... ;)